Revealed all of the song titles, with links to the songs themselves, because you should listen to them.
Step 1: Put your iTunes or equivalent on shuffle
Step 2: Post the first few lines from the first 20 songs that play, no matter how embarrassing.
Step 3: Bold out the songs when someone guesses them correctly.
Step 4: Looking them up on Google or any other search engine is CHEATING!!!
1. "Blue Jay Way" by The Beatles
There's a fog upon L.A.
And my friends have lost their way
We'll be over soon they said
Now they've lost themselves instead
2. "She's Leaving" by Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark
A new start
A cheap affair
A sordid truth
We'll never learn
To guide our hearts
We'll never find
What we deserve
3. "Give Me My Month" by James Blake
Give me my month as a lucky one
Let me see where she is going
Oh let me see where she has gone
Let me see where she has gone
4. "Vanderlyle Crybaby Geeks" by The NationalLeave your homeChange your nameLive aloneEat your cake
5. "Lousy Reputation" by We Are Scientists
Why do I keep finding myself so surprised?
The qualities, you openly have advertised?
A bigger man might not feel quite so compromised
But I've never been a saint and I won't start tonight
6. "This Time" by The Verve
Lookin' back on my life
You know that all I see
Are things I could've changed
I should have done
7. "L'estat (Acc. to the Widow's Maid)" by Ariel Pink's Haunted Graffiti
Madame Morse Estate
Stood five hundred years
Painted black by love
Bathed in widows' tears
8. "People" by Andrew Jackson Jihad
People are wasteful, they waste all the food
People are hateful, and people are rude
But god I love some people sometimes
Because people are very, very special
9. "Silver Trembling Hands" by The Flaming Lips
She keeps feeling for the blindfold
She keeps wishing for the secret society to fall
She keeps watching for the jaguar
With a silver trembling hand
10. "Cave" by Muse
Leave me alone, it's nothing serious
I’ll do it myself
It's got nothing to do with you
And there's nothing that you could do
11. "Last Call [Bonus Track]" by Kanye WestThe all around the world Digital Underground, Pac
The Rudloph the red nosed reindeer of the Roc
I take my chain, my 15 seconds of fame
And come back next year with the whole fucking game
12. "Dirt [feat. Aesop Rock]" by Tobacco
Quixote comma Don
Dime by the squatters dogs
Caught by the shaman's O well in
Bombin' the common grog
Over flood a levy hope it soaks the berry roots
Reanimate the council of the topiary wolves
13. "World Town" by MIA
Sick of all the shit that's keeping me down
Dead from the waist down
It's easy staying down
I never thought about it twice
But you do pay the price
It ain't your weekly cash that feeds my mum the rice
14. "Death to Los Campesinos!" by Los Campesinos!
Broken down like a war economy
Father fuhrer, don't be mad at me
Peasant child, you're into botany
Splitting necks and calling the dichotomy
"Beware" the sign on the door suggests
I'm better off with artificial intelligence
15. "I Found That Essence Rare" by Gang of Four
Aim for the body rare, you'll see it on TV
The worst thing in 1954 was the Bikini
See the girl on the TV dressed in a Bikini
She doesn't think so but she's dressed for the H-Bomb
(For the H-Bomb)
16. "Black Milk" by Massive Attack
You're not my eater
I'm not your food
Love you for God
Love you for the Mother
17. "The Final Sacrifice" by Swans
Oh Jesus, oh Jesus, you're my only god.
Oh Jesus, oh Jesus, you're my only girl.
I follow you now.
I'll follow you down,
To a dirty black room,
Where the air is gone.
I'll lie down on the table,
And I'll wait for you,
To step inside me now.
Step inside me now.
Come on, come on in.
18. "Pin" by Yeah Yeah YeahsThings are feeling thinWell I know, I knowLost my seat againWell I'll go, I'll goPushing in the pinWell I know, I knowWe're gonna go back inWe're gonna go, go, go!
19. "The Way It Is" by The Strokes
She was still sleeping; the problem will stay
One more day
Said she's not sorry the wind blows her way
Accidents happen, there's one planned today
Oh you see...
20. "Karma Police" by Radiohead
Karma police, arrest this man
He talks in maths
He buzzes like a fridge
He's like a detuned radio